Kick-Off Camp – October 20-22, 2017
INTENSIVE CAMP – FOR SERIOUS HS WRESTLERS ONLY (SWO) (Open to 7th & 8th Graders upon request)
FEATURED CAMP CLINICIANS:
- Kyle Waldo – 4x MHSAA State Champion
- Nick Trimble – MHSAA State Champion 4 year starter for MSU
The 2017 Kick-Off Camp is HIGHLY MOTIVATIONAL and includes HIGH LEVEL TECHNIQUE & LIVE SCRIMMAGES that will have you prepared for the season!! No other camp will have you as fired up, confident and ready physically, mentally and technical skills for the season! Open to grades 9th-12th (7th & 8th Special Request). Sign up online today! Go to APPLY tab.
- SPACE IS LIMITED to 50 WRESTLERS – SIGN UP ONLINE ASAP!!
- Camp Includes Goal Setting, Motivational Speeches and 9 Training Sessions!!
- Meals Included. Bring your own health snacks for between sessions, Notebook, Water Bottle with your name on it, pillow, sleeping bag, soap, etc.
- Open to Grades 9th-12th Serious Wrestlers Only (SWO) )7th & 8th Upon Request.
- “Time To Get Your Head Right”
- Pre-season Conditioning
- Help with preparing for Alpha-Weigh In Process
- Training Camp for SUPER 32’s (Oct. 27-29)
- Training Camp for USA Pre-Season Nationals (Oct. 27-29)
- Get an EDGE on competition for this coming season – HS Starts Nov. 13th 1st day of practices!
- Flexible Options to accommodate the FALL SPORT ATHLETES!
- Excellent TEAM BUILDING opportunity for schools to send the LEADERS!
- Camp is Centrally Located SE of the GR Airport between Caledonia, Lowell, GR and Forest Hills
- COACHES Can Attend at a reduce cost!
- 3-Live & Discussion Topic Sessions
- 4-Technique Sessions
- 1-Morning Drill Session
- 1-Morning Cardio/Run Workout
RSVP via the website APPY tab and select KICK-OFF CAMP!
This pre-season kick-off, intensive, technique & scrimmage camp is highly motivational, inspiring, quality high-level instruction with efficient & positive mat time scrimmages! Commuter or Overnight camp.
Cost Options: $175 (Entire Camp) $150 (up to 6 Sessions) and $100 (up to 3 sessions) COACHES $85 – (No Refunds)
Camp Location: Camp O’Malley 7360 Thornapple Dales, Alto MI 49302 (visit www.bgcgrandrapids.org/campomalley
Bring your own water bottle with your name on it.
Overnight Newly Renovated Sleeping Cabins with bunk beds, GYM/Wrestling Facility, Kitchen/Café for all meals, Recreation Room with pool table, air hockey table, foosball table, giant fire pit, fishing along the Thornapple River, sports fields, etc.
Friday, October 20th
- Check-Ins: 7:00pm
- Session #1 – Live/Discussion Topics 7:30pm-9:30pm
Saturday, October 21st
- Session #2 – Drill Session/Workout & Stretching 7:00am-8:00am
- Breakfast – 8:00am
- Session #3 – Technique 11:00am -1:00pm
- Lunch – 1:00pm
- Session #4 – Technique 2:30pm-4:30pm
- Dinner – 5:00pm
- Session #5 – Live/Discussion Topics 7:30pm-9:30pm
Sunday, October 22th
- Session #6 – Morning Cardio/Run Workout 7:00am-7:30am
- Breakfast – 7:30am
- Session #7 – Technique 8:30am-10:30am
- Session #8 – Technique 11:00am-1:00pm
- Lunch – 1:00pm
- Session #9 – Live/Discussion Topics 2:00pm-3:30pm
- Motivational Speeches
- Nutrition-Food is fuel (Practice, Dual Meets, All-Day Tournaments)
- Alpha Weigh-In Process
- Strength Training During Season
- Goal Setting
- In-Season Training Plans to Peak at State
- Weight Management
- Mat Strategies
- Importance of having a routine
- PMA – Power of the Mind